Thursday, November 11, 2010

Carpe Noctum

yep. you guessed it. insomnia again....but hey, it allows me to catch up on my blogging...aka....big boy diary.

You know people talk all the time about, "if today was your last day".... scenarios. They talk about how they would be doing this, or doing that... traveling.... making amends with people, etc etc, then they go back to checking their work email and being stressed out over what they need to do tomorrow or what bill they need to pay, and just go back to doing whatever they were, because they chalk it up to no one ever actually living as if it were their last day on earth. We live in a real world, where we have jobs, bills, problems, a-hole people around us, health problems, traffic, taxes, stress, school, debt, credit reports, black mold, pollution, ozone issues....... ehhhh. You get the point.

The fact of the matter is, when the angel of death has pulled our number, and our time is up, I highly doubt we are going to be concerned with our facebook status, or wether or not we turned in our TPS report at work. So why do we keep our nose buried in this rat race until the day we day, and never look around making the most of every second? I have no idea. I am just like you. I understand that I should live that way, but alas i find myself buried in the things i "need" to get done.

Perhaps this is the moment though, that it could all change. Every single moment that passes, is an opportunity to change it all. The rise like a phoenix from the ashes and say enough is enough. yeah...yeah...we all got bills and problems. But i think that i am going to adopt a new theory. Work Hard...Play Harder.

So, tomorrow...when I get up. I am going to do my best to keep this in mind. I am going to smile more...i am going to push back the darkness...am i am going to have a GREAT day....


Who's IN?






No comments:

Post a Comment